Female, 77, ‘choked on steak’, Oxford inquest hears

6

A female passed away after choking on a piece of steak, a coroner’s court heard.

Margaret Atack, 77, was being looked after at the John Radcliffe Hospital when she passed away on January 4 this year.

Opening her inquest on Wednesday afternoon, senior coroner Darren Salter stated her cause of death had actually been offered as a hypoxic brain injury brought on by her choking on a piece of steak.

He adjourned the case for a complete inquest on April20

Ms Atack was stated to have actually been born in Hebburn, in Tyne and Wear, in1944 She coped with her hubby in Western Avenue, Didcot