Football fans new and old came together last night to celebrate England’s stunning victory over Sweden yesterday evening.
The Lionesses will play in their first major women’s tournament final since 2009 after beating Olympic finalists Sweden 4 – 0.
England will play either Germany or France for the top prize at Wembley on Sunday (July 31).
As renditions of Sweet Caroline echoed at pubs around the country, people are firmly in the grip of football-fever.
The UEFA Women’s Euro 2022 final will kick off on Sunday at 5pm, with live coverage from Wembley Stadium.
These are just some of the pubs in Oxford you can kick back with a beer and watch the match:
- The Oxford Retreat, 1-2 Hythe Bridge Street, Oxford, OX1 2EW
- The City Arms, 288 Cowley Road, Oxford, OX4 1UR
- The Old Black Horse, 102 St Clement’s St, Oxford OX4 1AR
- The Cape of Good Hope, Iffley Rd, The Plain, Oxford OX4 1EA
- St Aldgate’s Tavern, 108 St Aldate’s, Oxford OX1 1BU
- O’Neill’s Oxford, 37 George St, Oxford OX1 2AY
- The Head of the River, Folly Bridge, St Aldate’s, Oxford OX1 4LB
- Dewdrop, 258 Banbury Rd, Summertown, Oxford OX2 7DX
- Holly Bush, 106 Bridge St, Oxford OX2 0BD
- Jude the Obscure, 54 Walton St, Oxford OX2 6AE
- King’s Arms, 40 Holywell St, Oxford OX1 3SP
- White Horse, 1 London Rd, Headington, Oxford OX3 7SP
- Royal Standard, 78 London Rd, Headington, Oxford OX3 9AJ
- The Cricketers Arms, 102 Temple Rd, Oxford OX4 2EZ
- The Tandem, 193 Kennington Rd, Kennington, Oxford OX1 5PG
This story was written by Sophie Perry. She joined the team in 2021 as a digital reporter.
You can get in touch with her by emailing: email@example.com
Follow her on Twitter @itssophieperry
A message from our Editor
Thank you for reading this story and supporting the Oxford Mail.
If you like what we do please consider getting a subscription for the Oxford Mail and in return we’ll give you unrestricted access with less adverts across our website from the latest news, investigations, features, and sport.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok for more.
You can also join the conversation in our Facebook groups: stay ahead of traffic alerts here, keep up to date with the latest from court here, share your favourite memories of Oxford here, get your daily dose of celebrity news here and take some time out with news that will make you smile.